Why work with us?
We pride ourselves on our workplace culture.
At Peel Health Care our staff share a philosophy of supporting and networking with other health professionals to reach the best possible outcomes for our patients.
Our practitioners are highly experienced, providing a range of services, which are among the most comprehensive in regional private practice. GP registrars, medical and nursing students are taught by the practitioners in the practice.
At Peel Health Care we believe in flexible working hours for our staff, a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, and strong opportunities for teaching and career development.
Tamworth offers a wonderful family lifestyle with all the comforts of a large regional city.
Our practice is fully accredited with AGPAL and is managed by Peel Health Care Ltd – a not-for-profit organisation.
We welcome enquiries from GPs who are interested in a tree change or would like to be be a visiting specialist.
Please contact our Executive Officer Melissa Hayes for any inquiries.
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Tamworth, Permanent Part-Time role (20 hours per week)
Are you looking for a rewarding part-time Finance and Administration position which provides the opportunity to:
- Be part of a supportive and friendly practice team
- Work family friendly hours close to home (no shift work!)
- Access generous salary packaging benefits to increase your take home pay
An opportunity currently exists at Peel Health Care for an enthusiastic and experienced Finance and Administration officer to join our multi-disciplinary General Practice team.
The successful applicant will meet the following Selection Criteria:
- Strong understanding of accounting and/or bookkeeping processes with a minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated payroll experience including award interpretation
- High level computer skills including proficiency in use of Excel, Word and Outlook as well as accounting and payroll software
- Proven multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills
- Fast and accurate data entry with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and use own initiative
- Current Working With Children Check or willingness to obtain
- Qualifications in accounting, bookkeeping or payroll
- Experience in the health care sector
- Experience using MYOB AccountRight
At Peel Health Care we are passionate about providing quality health care and outcomes to our patients. As a not for profit company, our staff are able to take advantage of salary packaging packages that can increase your take home pay.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Melissa Hayes, Executive Officer on 02 6766 8288 or Melissa.Hayes@phcltd.org.au.
To apply for the position please attach your current resume and your responses to the Selection Criteria and email to Melissa.Hayes@phcltd.org.au.
Applications close 9am Tuesday 25th February.
Ready for the tree change?
Tamworth is a city and the major regional centre in the region of northern New South Wales, Australia. Situated on the Peel River within the local government area of Tamworth Regional Council, it is located almost midway between Brisbane and Sydney with daily flights to each city. At June 2018 the city had a population around 42,872.
The city is known as the “First Town of Lights”, being the first place in Australia to use electric street lights in 1888. The city is recognised as the National Equine Capital of Australia because of the high number of equine events held in the city and the construction of the world-class Australian Equine and Livestock Events Centre, the biggest of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere.
Home to spectacular national parks, delicious food and wine experiences, excellent schools and day care, the most amount of sporting fields and sports of all regional cities in Australia, community and cultural events, several museums and galleries and the Tamworth Regional Conservatorium of Music, Tamworth is not all about country music. The city has a rich diversity and a mix of ‘born and bred’ to people and families who have made the decision to move to the area for work and a rural lifestyle.
Information about Tamworth:
Tamworth Regional Council 437 Peel Street
Tamworth NSW 2340
1300 733 625
Some useful links about Tamworth: