Why work with us?
We pride ourselves on our workplace culture.
At Peel Health Care our staff and contractors share a philosophy of supporting and networking with other health professionals to reach the best possible outcomes for our patients.
Our practitioners are highly experienced, providing a range of services, which are among the most comprehensive in regional private practice. GP registrars, medical and nursing students are taught by the practitioners in the practice.
At Peel Health Care we believe in work/life balance for our staff and contractors, embracing a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, and provide strong opportunities for teaching and career development.
Tamworth offers a wonderful family country lifestyle with all the benefits and comforts of a large regional city.
Our practice is fully accredited with AGPAL and is managed by Peel Health Care Ltd, a not-for-profit organisation.
We welcome enquiries from GPs who are interested in a tree change or would like to be be a visiting specialist.
Please contact our Executive Officer Melissa Hayes for any inquiries.
Peel Health Care currently have vacancies available for Vocationally Registered General Practitioners to join our Practice.
The role is to:
- Provide exceptional, patient-centred care to address the health needs and promote wellness of patients
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with patients
- Contribute to a collaborative, multidisciplinary team care approach will fellow GPs, Nurses, Allied Health and other professionals
- Maintain a high level of medical practice, including active participation in Professional Development
- Demonstrate strong integrity
- Develop productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
The Ideal Candidate will:
- hold Fellowship at the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners and Vocational Registration
- thrive on making a positive contribution to the medical profession, with a passion for providing high quality care
- enjoy working in a team environment
- have an interest in developing strong community relationships
- hold current Medical Indemnity
- be seeking a stable, permanent role with a highly reputable organisation.
- Generous remuneration 65% of billings, 90% of after hours billings
- Personal introduction to Tamworth lifestyle
- Walk-in/Walk-out style practice with easy transition into the practice
- A diverse range of presenting health issues and opportunity to specialise
- Permanent role with flexible working hours
- Established patient base
- Full nursing, allied health and practice management support included
- Working with a community-oriented, Not-for-Profit organisation
- Work within a supportive team environment
- Relocation assistance negotiable
Ready for the tree change?
Tamworth is a city and the major regional centre in the region of northern New South Wales, Australia. Situated on the Peel River within the local government area of Tamworth Regional Council, it is located almost midway between Brisbane and Sydney with daily flights to each city. At June 2018 the city had a population around 42,872.
The city is known as the “First Town of Lights”, being the first place in Australia to use electric street lights in 1888. The city is recognised as the National Equine Capital of Australia because of the high number of equine events held in the city and the construction of the world-class Australian Equine and Livestock Events Centre, the biggest of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere.
Home to spectacular national parks, delicious food and wine experiences, excellent schools and day care, the most amount of sporting fields and sports of all regional cities in Australia, community and cultural events, several museums and galleries and the Tamworth Regional Conservatorium of Music, Tamworth is not all about country music. The city has a rich diversity and a mix of ‘born and bred’ to people and families who have made the decision to move to the area for work and a rural lifestyle.
Information about Tamworth:
Tamworth Regional Council 437 Peel Street
Tamworth NSW 2340
1300 733 625
Some useful links about Tamworth: